Sunday, November 27, 2016

New Teacher Comes to Champlain Elementary School!

Ms. Carilo spent a full day with Ms. Fahy learning all about her new second-grade class and students.

An academic star before graduating Saint Michael's College, Ms. Sarah Carilo will begin teaching at Champlain Elementary School on December 5th!  Here she is, in her own words:

Hello! I am so excited to take over for Mrs. Fahy. I know I have big shoes to fill and can't wait to get started!

I recently graduated from Saint Michael's College with my Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education. I student taught second grade here at Champlain Elementary in Ashley Francke's class and am thrilled to be back!

After graduating, I moved to Hinesburg and have been working in early childcare. I have loved my experience being the Head Teacher in an infant/toddler room, but I know my heart belongs in the elementary classroom.

I believe that education is more than what students know; it's what they do and who they become. I aim to create a class where students are motivated to learn, where everyone is included, and empathy for all is found. I want to help support your child become the best they can be.

In my free time I love to cozy up with a cup of tea and a good book. I also love singing and have been singing in choirs my whole life.

I am looking forward to meeting you and your child. I can't wait to see what the rest of the year has in store! Feel free to contact me anytime after December 5th.

No comments:

Post a Comment